There are many English people living in Portugal - you are never far from emergency help in English, and anyway most Portuguese people under 35 speak a little English, quite often fluently. Contact me for telephone numbers of the following people who will be able to help you.
- Steve McKay and Vanessa Moreton, about a mile away in Vila da Barba, for any technical issues regarding the house and garden, for changeovers, and general advice about the area. Generally they are your first port of call.
- Also Marcus and Michaella Brown, in Mortágua, for in particular any building issues regarding the house and garden, but also for general advice about the area.
- Manel Cordeiro and Elisa Morais, the next-door neighbours (to the east), both of whom speak very good English.
- Helena, in the yellow house across the square. Ask Steve and Vanessa to liaise with her. She speaks no English.
- Arlindo Costa, the next door neighbour (to the west), who does not speak much English. He lives in Coimbra and only visits his property about once a week to maintain it.
All of the above are lovely people who will go out of their way to ensure you have a wonderful and trouble-free time!